Thursday, February 22, 2018

Cover Crush: The Hourglass Factory by Lucy Ribchester

Hello, my name is Colleen and I am a cover slut. I know, I know....you aren't supposed to judge a book by it's cover. I just can't help myself! A beautiful cover draws my eye every single time and I can't help but pick up the book it's dressing and see if the inside seems as intriguing as the outside. Sometimes it does, and sometimes a pretty cover is just a pretty cover. Either way, I love getting an eyeful!

One of my favorite bloggers, Erin at
Flashlight Commentary, created a weekly blog post called Cover Crush and she and some other blogger friends are sharing their favorite covers each Thursday. I'll link to their posts below my pick so you can see all the beauties we are drooling over this week.

So, without further ado, my Cover Crush this week is.....





I seem to have a thing for swirly, twirly covers lately. I just find there's so much to look at, and I enjoy how the curls force my eyes to travel around the page! For instance, at first glance I didn't notice the smaller circus details and it was a nice little surprise to find them as I explored the cover. It really is quite beautiful!

Let's read the synopsis to discover what we have to look forward to within the covers...


London, 1912.

The suffragette movement is reaching a fever pitch, and Inspector Frederick Primrose is hunting a murderer on his beat. Across town, Fleet Street reporter Frances “Frankie” George is chasing an interview with trapeze artist Ebony Diamond. Frankie finds herself fascinated by the tightly-laced acrobat and follows her to a Kensington corset shop that seems to be hiding secrets of its own. When Ebony Diamond mysteriously disappears in the middle of a performance, Frankie and Primrose are both drawn into the shadowy world of a secret society with ties to both London's criminal underworld and its glittering socialites.

How did Ebony vanish, who was she afraid of, and what goes on behind the doors of the mysterious Hourglass Factory? From newsrooms to the drawing rooms of high society, the investigation leads Frankie and Primrose to a murderous villain with a plot more deadly than anyone could have imagined.




Don't forget to check out what covers my blogger buddies are drooling over this week (updated as they become available):


Erin at Flashlight Commentary


Created by Magdalena of A Bookaholic Swede


 

No comments:

Post a Comment