Thursday, April 27, 2017

Cover Crush: The Girl in the Glass by Elizabeth Fremantle

Hello, my name is Colleen and I am a cover slut. I know, I know....you aren't supposed to judge a book by it's cover. I just can't help myself!  A beautiful cover draws my eye every single time and I can't help but pick up the book it's dressing and see if the inside seems as intriguing as the outside. Sometimes it does, and sometimes a pretty cover is just a pretty cover. Either way, I love getting an eyeful! 

One of my favorite bloggers, Erin at Flashlight Commentary, created a weekly blog post called Cover Crush and she and some other blogger friends are sharing their favorite covers each Thursday. I've decided to join in this year and will link to their posts down below.

So, without further ado, my Cover Crush this week is.....
 
 
 
 
I just find this cover so intriguing! Having read Elizabeth Fremantle's books I'm pretty sure this book is historical fiction without reading the synopsis. That being said...who is this mysterious woman trapped in glass? Having her image so hazy and blurry makes her seem even more enigmatic and I just have to know who she is! The stark image also makes me think of coldness and isolation and loneliness. The crack in the glass does make me think the woman might be breaking out of her imprisonment or something is possibly coming in to get her. Either way how can I not want to learn more?
 
Let's see what is really going on in The Girl in the Glass Tower:
 
 
Arbella Stuart is trapped behind the towering glass windows of Hardwick Hall. Kept cloistered from a world that is full of dangers for someone with royal blood. Half the country wish to see her on the throne and many others for her death, which would leave the way clear for her cousin James, the Scottish King

Arbella longs to be free from her cold-hearted grandmother; to love who she wants, to wear a man's trousers and ride her beloved horse, Dorcas. But if she ever wishes to break free she must learn to navigate the treacherous game of power, or end up dead.
 
 
 

 
Created by Magdalena of A Bookaholic Swede
 

1 comment: