Thursday, March 23, 2017

Cover Crush: The Ninth Life of Louis Drax by Liz Jensen

Hello, my name is Colleen and I am a cover slut. I know, I know....you aren't supposed to judge a book by it's cover. I just can't help myself!  A beautiful cover draws my eye every single time and I can't help but pick up the book it's dressing and see if the inside seems as intriguing as the outside. Sometimes it does, and sometimes a pretty cover is just a pretty cover. Either way, I love getting an eyeful! 

One of my favorite bloggers, Erin at Flashlight Commentary, created a weekly blog post called Cover Crush and she and some other blogger friends are sharing their favorite covers each Thursday. I've decided to join in this year and will link to their posts down below.

So, without further ado, my Cover Crush this week is.....




This is such an interesting cover! I LOVE how the central picture of a boy coming out of a dark cave into water overlooking some sort of castle seems to be happening within the mind of someone (possibly the same boy?). Centering the title within the head just draws the eye right to it as well. I don't believe I've ever seen a cover quite like this before. It's just really stunning!

So what in the world is the story really about? Let's see:


Nine-year-old Louis Drax is a problem child: bright, precocious, deceitful – and dangerously, disturbingly, disaster-prone. When he falls off a cliff into a ravine, the accident seems almost predestined. Louis miraculously survives – but the family has been shattered.

Louis’ father has vanished, his mother is paralysed by shock, and Louis lies in a deep coma from which he may never emerge. In a clinic in Provence, Dr Pascal Dannachet tries to coax Louis back to consciousness. But the boy defies medical logic, startling Dannachet out of his safe preconceptions, and drawing him inexorably into the dark heart of Louis’ buried world. 

Only Louis holds the key to the mystery surrounding his fall – and he can’t communicate. Or can he?


Don't forget to check out what covers my blogger buddies are drooling over this week:


Heather at The Maiden's Court
Stephanie at Layered Pages


Created by Magdalena of A Bookaholic Swede

2 comments:

  1. I see the sky as predicting trouble for this child. His fall and coma is so sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, good eye there! Those stormy skies do look like the mean trouble!

      Delete